Monday, February 13, 2006

Contacts and Eye Glasses.

I walked into the bathroom and set the contact solution next to the sink. I opened the bathroom mirror and pulled out the contact case. It was plastic. One side was blue, and the other an opaque clear. With my fingers pinched, I reached into my left eye and gently closed the tips of my thumb and pointer finger around the plastic in my eye. I pulled. My contact came out. I placed it in the blue side of the contact case. Then I repeated this sequence with my right eye, the only difference was that I placed the contact in the opaque clear side of the case. I picked up the solution and gave the bottle a squeeze. At first only air, and a tiny spittling of liquid came out. I tilted the bottle completely over on itself and gave it another try. The solution sprayed into the blue side of the case. Next I sprayed it into the opaque clear side. I set the bottle back down, snapped the cap back on and proceeded to screw the contact case caps on the case. I twisted the blue cap on its rightful side. Then the opaque clear cap on the opaque clear side. I turned the faucet on. I gave both the hot and cold knobs a fair little twist. The water came out warm. I placed my hands underneath the rush of water. I cupped my hands and pulled the water up to my face. I splashed the water on my face. I wanted it to be colder, so I pulled the hot knob back a bit. I placed my hands underneath the water again. This time it was cold. Frigid. I splashed the water on my face and it felt crisp. It was cleansing and refreshing and I did it over and over again. After a long time I stopped. The water continued to rush out of the metal faucet. The water splashed out of the basin and made a mess of the mirror and surrounding sink areas. The water on my face slowly dripped off. I reached for a towel and patted my face dry. I stretched my face and my mouth opened wide. I placed the towel back on the small hook which was on the bathroom door. I turned both of the sink's knobs to off. The sound of water stopped. A small drip remained. I reached inside the sink drawer and pulled out my eye glass case. The case had a backstage pass sticker stuck on the outside. It was from a concert I had went to almost two years ago. I opened the case. It made a familiar popping sound. I scooped my gold metal rimmed glasses from out of the case. I lodged the glasses on my nose and positioned the ear pieces tucked behind my ears. My face looked small through the glasses. My prescription was intense. Negative seven in both eyes. This made for large pieces of glass inside the rims. There was no helping this. I placed the case back in the drawer and shut the drawer. I studied my reflection in the mirror for one last moment. I reached for the light switch and hit it. The overhead heater fan turned on instead. I chose the wrong switch. I corrected my mistake and turned off the fan. Then I flipped the switch next to the fan switch. The room went dark. I exited and closed the door behind me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home